Involved in an accident? - Accident - Claiming - Off-road vehicles - Vehicle |

Off-road vehicles


What should you do if you’re in an accident with your snowmobile or ATV? Do you always need to call the authorities and emergency services. It all depends.

Has someone been injured? Call the competent authorities

You’re in an accident and there are injuries. In this case, call for help. And above all, stay calm.

Dealing with a fender bender

You’re in an accident and there are no injuries. Take out the Joint Report and fill it out with the other driver.

Don’t have a copy of the Joint Report? Don’t panic! Write down the contact information for the other driver on a piece of paper: name, address, telephone number, driver’s licence number, registration certificate and proof of insurance.

Rundown of a settlement process in an ATV accident

Settlement process in an ATV accident

Contact your insurer Assess the liability Appraise the damage Agree on a settlement Indemnity payment

Call your insurer or broker as soon as possible. Send him a copy of the duly completed Joint Report or the police report number.

Your insurer will assess your liability in the accident.

Your insurer will examine your ATV to appraise the damage and establish the cost of repairs.

Your insurer will repair or replace your ATV depending on the extent of the damage. The settlement will respect the terms and conditions under your policy.

Depending on the agreement, your insurer may indemnify you or reimburse the garage directly.

Répondez au quiz!

Êtes-vous bien couvert?