Correcting your claims file - Claiming - Automobile - Vehicle |


Claims file
(Fichier central des sinistres automobiles)

Looking through your FCSA file, you notice an error. You can have it corrected.

You don't have a copy of your Claims History Statement

Find out how to proceed to consult your claims file on the Groupement des assureurs automobiles (GAA) website.

Do you have to declare everything?

You've been in a minor fender bender and your car suffered no damage. Should you let your agent or broker know? We strongly suggest you do. If the other driver decides to declare the accident, his version of the facts will be recorded in your claims file.

Make sure that your version of the facts is on record in the Fichier central des sinistres automobiles. Report every accident, even if you decide not to claim.

You already have your Claims History Statement

Looking through your FCSA file, you notice an error. In this case, ask an FCSA agent to check the information. If there's an error, your file will be corrected.

You can make your request in person or by phone. Agents are available Mondays to Fridays, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

  • Groupement des assureurs automobiles
    800 rue du Square-Victoria, Suite 2410
    P.O. Box 336, Stock Exchange Tower
    Montreal, Quebec
    H4Z 0A2
  • 514 288-1537
(In case of a Canada Post service disruption, please insure to use another service to send postal mail.

If you wish to contact us in writing, please do so by e-mailing us at

You can also go in person to the above address. An agent will assist you Mondays to Fridays, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Looking to
save money by
not telling your
insurer everything?

Looking to save money by not telling your insurer everything?

By choosing to hide information from your insurer, your run the risk of not being indemnified should you have an accident, or of just being partially indemnified.

Learn More
Répondez au quiz!

Êtes-vous bien couvert?