Storing your belongings - Moving - Learn more - Co-owner - Home insurance |



Need to put some of your possessions in storage? Your home insurance policy will cover the theft of stored property for a period of 30 days. You can also ask your insurer to extend this coverage, as needed.

For other types of loss, your personal property is covered during the entire policy term, although the guaranteed amount could be limited to 10% of your insured amount.

For example, if your property is insured for $30,000 for a loss that occurs at your home, your maximum indemnity would be $3,000 in case of fire at the storage facility (10% of $30,000).

For more details, contact your insurance agent or broker.

Does your
policy cover an
Act of God?

Does your policy cover an Act of God?

All are sometimes referred to as Acts of God. Some are automatically included in home insurance policies. Others can be insured by adding a coverage known as an endorsement. Learn More

Répondez au quiz!

Êtes-vous bien couvert?