Limits - Insuring your condo - Insuring - Co-owner - Home insurance |


Insuring your condo

Are you an avid collector? Do you have a special hobby? Have you built a music studio in your condo? Or did you buy the sailboat of your dreams?

Your home insurance policy pays out a maximum amount, or limit, when it comes to certain property. In case of a loss, your indemnity will never exceed the amount stated under the policy.

Talk to your home insurer. If you feel that the limits are lower than the value of some of the items you own, ask for a higher coverage for them.


The maximum amount you’ll receive for a given item in case of loss.

Property for which coverage is limited under most insurance policies, regardless of the type of loss covered.

Animals $1,000 to $2,000
Boats $1,000 to $2,000
Gold or silver bars, bank notes and cash $200
Software $1,000 to $2,000
Lawn tractors, equipment trailers $5,000
Securities $1,000 to $2,000
Personal property used for professional activities $2,000

Property for which coverage in case of THEFT is limited under most insurance policies

Wine and spirits $5,000
Jewellery $1,000  to $2,000
Furs $1,000  to $2,000
Manuscripts/stamps/coins $1,000  to $2,000
Objects made of silver or gold $5,000
(including equipment and accessories)
$1,000  to $2,000
Audio and video media
(including CDs and DVDs)
$1,000  to $2,000
Sports and artistic personality cards $1,000  to $2,000
Works of art $5,000 to $10,000
Collections $1,000  to $2,000
Do you have
to add your new
co-tenant to your
insurance policy?

Do you have to add your new co-tenant to your insurance policy?

It’s important to review your home insurance policy and to list the names of all co-tenants on the insurance policy so that everyone can take advantage of the coverage. Learn More

Répondez au quiz!

Êtes-vous bien couvert?