At the time of the loss - Theft and vandalism - Claiming - Business - Business |


Theft and vandalism

Your insurance policy protects you for items that are stolen or vandalized
(if you have this coverage).

Can’t work?

Talk to your insurer to find out what compensation you’re entitled to, where applicable.

Ask for a cash advance, if needed. Keep all receipts and invoices for lodging and food expenses incurred following the loss.

You return to work and realize you’ve been robbed. Your front door is wide open and your computer is gone!

First, don’t step in so that you don’t come nose to nose with the thieves. Call the police. You’ll need the police report to make your claim to your insurer.

Call your insurer as soon as possible. He’ll ask you to describe the exact circumstances of the theft or act of vandalism and the damage suffered. Depending on the type and extent of the damage, he’ll tell you what to do.

Unless they’re a health hazard, don’t throw out damaged items right away. If you need to do emergency repairs, keep the invoices or receipts. If possible, don’t make permanent repairs before speaking to your insurer.

How to prevent theft.

Does your
policy cover an
Act of God?

Does your policy cover an Act of God?

All are sometimes referred to as Acts of God. Some are automatically included in home insurance policies. Others can be insured by adding a coverage known as an endorsement. Learn More

Répondez au quiz!

Êtes-vous bien couvert?